Thursday, May 10, 2012

Today, I got dressed.

I not only got dressed, but I put on jeans, not just yoga pants or new pj pants like I have for the last 10 days.  (well, really, 40 days - since I got the BFP!)  My hubby got home and reminded me that I said this morning we needed dog food.  Since I don't want him to know just how much I pay for Blue Buffalo for my little man, I said I'd go out.  I put on jeans that didn't fit last time I tried them, Easter Weekend.  I actually wore a belly band and a long shirt with them that day because I was back in my hometown and not quite ready to share the news (thankfully) so I did my best to hide it all, and it worked.

So I got dressed and left my house for the first time since Saturday.  I didn't even realize that was the last time I had.  I consider myself lucky that I can work my schedule however I'd like and work from home as much as I want.  However, this has been probably about the worst thing for me - I've just been getting more and more depressed and obsessing more and more.  So today I got dressed, and I left.

Today was a typical Northeast Spring day.  The sun was shining bright, not a could in the sky but it was only about 65 -70 ish out.  Nice sweater w/ jeans and sunglasses day.  I took this picture when I got home so that I could show you all:

But, about 10 miles north, a half hour earlier, as I'm leaving PetSmart, I see this:


Maybe sometimes a rainbow is just a rainbow, but today, it meant the world to me.  For anyone reading this that doesn't know, the baby you get to bring home after a miscarriage is called a rainbow baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment